Thursday, August 25, 2011

I made it...

So tomorrow marks the end of my first week back at work.  And yes, I made it.  I personally wasn't as concerned as I think everyone thought I would be.  I do miss her like crazy and it seems I can't fit in enough kisses in the morning before I leave, but she has come home in such a good mood every day I can't exactly complain.  I know she's getting taken care of and they're engaging her and stimulating her and she's around other kids and I think she's really enjoying herself.  I miss not being with her to know what she's doing, but her teacher gives me a report everyday about when she ate, how she did, and what they did all day and I'm exhausted just thinking about all of it! That's not to say this week has been without it's stress.  It's so hard having to adjust to being back in work mode and keep track of everything in both places.  When I'm at work, I'm thinking, planning, remembering, teaching, learning names, responding to emails, adding meetings to my already busy calendar, and in general learning how to use my brain again.  And then I get home and empty out my lunch stuff and we wash her bottles and then repack her bottles and food and then I pack my lunch and make the coffee and feed her and then feed us and then she's in bed and we are ready to collapse. 

On the plus side we interviewed a new pediatrician that we are very happy with and who has more experience with Down Syndrome so I at least feel more at ease that someone else can be the expert on her health.  She has so few issues to even worry about, but I always felt like I had to be on top of all the right questions to ask and now that I'm back at work, I just don't trust myself to be as on top of EVERYTHING as I was before.  Besides being an incredibly busy, hectic week, I feel ok about being back at work and knowing that Tera is in such a great place during the day.  But I am definitely looking forward to the weekend.

Tomorrow also marks 6 months since we got one of the best gifts we could have ever asked for.  She's changed our lives in ways I never imagined and every day that I get to see her and spend time with her makes my life better.  Our time as a family is one of the best things in my life and I cherish every minute of it.  She's made my husband and I closer than I thought we ever could be and made me appreciate so many little things.  She's the first person in my life that has actually succeeded in making me slow down and just enjoy life and for that I will be forever grateful.  I love you my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment