Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time management techniques anyone?


This is just one of those days when I have too many things to do, to figure out where to start.  And how did I spend my 30 minutes before class started when I got to work? Shopping online for shampoo.  Those are the times when I think, if I could have just used that time more effectively, I wouldn’t feel so frazzled.  But then I try and make myself feel better and instead think, maybe I deserve a break every once in a while. Nobody is productive all the time.  Right? Or maybe that’s just me rationalizing…

My husband is an amazing help in all aspects of my life.  All I have to do is ask him.  The problem is, I don’t even know what to ask half the time! It really doesn’t seem fair to have him shop for his own Christmas presents, and though I could ask him to research the differences between my current $1.50 shampoo and my seemingly new found interest in better shampoo, it doesn’t seem like the best use of his time (or mine either as a matter of fact, but I’m stuck on it).  And having him write this blog, also seems somewhat silly.  Now I can tell you, as he reads this, he will think, ok, just don’t waste your time on things that aren’t important or crucial.  And of course he’s right, though I’ll try and avoid telling him that in person, but it’s one of the things I’ve struggled with all my life. 

Christmas gifts, the current task, are a perfect example.  I could probably take 10 minutes, look at everyone’s Amazon lists, order something from it, and be done until it arrives and needs to be wrapped.  But instead, I actually do like to spend time choosing something with meaning (though usually still from an Amazon list) and weighing the options between the different items on said lists.  This of course takes more time, but Christmas is supposed to be about more than just a randomly chosen gift and so I try to make it more meaningful. How does this fit in with my current schedule? Not well, but I’m not going to give up.  I will still enjoy my Christmas shopping, and I will still finish Tera’s stocking (but it may be closer to next Christmas), and I will still fit in visits with friends and family, and I will still make it to doctor appointments and therapy sessions, and at some point in there I will workout and sleep.  I don’t know how, but I will!
This is the way to live.  Just enjoying the simple things, like a bear that plays peek a boo with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment