Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 17

Today was a FABULOUS first day off, and there was nothing particularly special I did, it's more what I didn't have to worry about doing.  Tera slept until 5:30 (I know "until" is funny when associated with 5:30 am, but she's been inclined towards 4:30 on the weekends lately...) and after she ate, I took her downstairs to play while Tom slept.  My wonderful husband picked up coffee for me which I was able to enjoy while she had therapy (and a great session at that).  Then my two husbands (yes I'm officially married to Tom, but he and Tim were kind of a package) spent the day slaving over my remote start that Tim and Katie were gracious enough to buy me for Christmas last year so Tera wouldn't be cold.  Just one more example of how she's been spoiled since well before she was born...

One of the key parts of my day though was when Tera was nice enough to nap for two whole hours this morning which left me wondering what to do with myself.  I had finished our Christmas cards last night and while I had stuff to do, I didn't have to race around trying to get it all done because I actually have time for a little while.  I got a few things done, didn't feel rushed, and was able to shower before she woke up.  Then we got to go to Caboose for lunch with Tim and then Tera and I took a run to Babies R Us for a fabulous deal on diapers (and maybe a few clothes for Tera, shhhhh).  I know, my level of excitement for diapers is higher than I ever imagined it could be.  I used to get this excited over sales at Express and DSW...

When we got home she just played on the floor.  There was no rush to my day, no stress, it was productive but not tiring, and I got to spend most of the day with my girl.  I even managed to get a few pictures this morning, because you know, we don't have enough.  So today I'm grateful for being a working mom because otherwise I don't think I would have enjoyed today nearly as much.  I have to admit, being at work 8+ hours a day makes me appreciate the time I have at home so much more.  And right now I have time to write this before we go to dinner with Mike and Cathy to celebrate the end of Mike's radiation!!!! I truly do have so much to be grateful for this holiday and I'm looking forward to the next two weeks of being able to see my family, spend time with Tom and Tera, knock a few things off my long term project list, visit Santa, squeeze in a few workouts, get a manicure/pedicure, take Tera down to Springfield to visit with her AC and Unkie Joji, and of course, Tera's first Christmas.  Hmm, maybe two weeks isn't enough...

As promised, here are some pictures from last night's show...



She was really quite a big fan of eating her tutu...

Here's Tera and Harper ringing (and eating) the bells

No comments:

Post a Comment