Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 19

Today I took Tera to visit Tom at work which really means I took her there for all his people to ogle and ooh and ahh over her.  Now let me just tell you how Tera reacts in front of a crowd: she's a ham.  It's like the kid knows she's on display and just turns on the charm.  We get her in front of a group of people and she starts smiling and clapping and of course they just eat it up.  She was such a good girl and it's always fun to show her off; especially when she she's so social. 

I was also finally able to make to the gym.  This was bittersweet for me because it's another reminder how far I am from where I was.  Things that I used to be able to fly through, is now so much more of a struggle.  And the most frustrating part of the whole thing is that I had to work SO hard to get to where I was before and now I have to do it all over again; with far less time and energy to do it.  I'm under the delusion that I'll be able to reach my former abilities any time soon, it took me months and months to get there before.  But it's just so hard to think about how long it will take me again and how hard the process will be.  At this point I'm not even trying to weight train because at one time a week at best it doesn't seem worth it to do one muscle group once a week once every few weeks. 

Bottom line: I did make it to the gym today.  I managed 30 minutes on the stairs and then 15 of abs (of which I'm sure I will seriously regret tomorrow) and I'm proud of myself for doing that.  I knew when I did it the last time it wouldn't be easy and I still made it to my first figure show.  I will try and stay positive and do the best I can (blah blah blah, so after school special of me). 
The best reason I can think of for having lost my hard earned muscles...

No comments:

Post a Comment