Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 21

Success today!

I did in fact accomplish much of what I set out to do today.  Tera had a great morning at school while I was able to work out (day 2 this week!) and get a much anticipated manicure and pedicure.  Then she got to play with her speech therapist and took a nap while I got stuff done. 

The best part of the day was when she woke up though.  I brought her downstairs to play while I wrapped presents (or at least started; I apparently only have one roll of wrapping paper) and we watched White Christmas.  She decided to "help" me wrap by eating the pieces of paper that were leftover.  I probably could have gotten more wrapped, but I of course had to keep stopping to play with her.  These are the best moments for me because it's when I really get to enjoy my little girl. 

I think I'm making headway on my list though and hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be able to knock out a few of the return trips I have to make for things I've forgotten.  And, with any luck, some of the packages I'm still waiting on will arrive and I can cross some more off my list.  Then Friday, we go to see Santa. 

I'm still in a precarious emotional state right now though because I LOVE Christmas. I love the build up, but I hate when it's over.  So every year I try not to get too excited or anxious about its arrival because I don't want it to fly by and I feel that even more so this year.  See last year, it was more manageable because I knew my little girl would arrive not too long after Christmas and so it was ok when it was over because something even more exciting was coming.  But this year, it's so special because it's our first one with Tera, and then when it's gone, her first birthday will be here before I know it and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  I'm not sure how many moms, or any parent really, feel this way as opposed to being so excited for it.  I just feel like the past 10 months have gone by so quickly and we've had so much going on during them that I just don't know that I'm ready to accept year one will be over soon.  Yes I'm aware I can't do anything to stop it, but that doesn't make it any easier.  What does make it easier is that she is doing so well right now.  I can't believe how much she changes in such short amounts of time lately.  She's so incredibly aware of everything around her and she recognizes people, has preferences for toys, plays by herself, and absolutely LOVES our cat and dog.  Even small things like knowing what to do with toys and becoming aware of what she's capable of doing are amazing to watch. 

Ok, so today I'm grateful for some truly quality time with Tera.  Now off to check on my husband and his recuperation from having a wisdom tooth pulled.  Somebody needs to call the tooth fairy tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment