Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 28

Here I sit in Springfield.  Relaxing with some wine, some chocolate, my new fabulous Minnetonka slippers, and my husband, sister and brother-in-law.  My dear baby is asleep in the other room and I'm looking forward to some much needed downtime.  We have NO plans other than coffee, food, movies, pjs, more food, and drinks.  If we have to leave, or want to, we can, but we have no NEED to leave and that my friends, is a wonderful feeling. 

Tera was pretty good on the 3 hour trip down considering she had already napped in the morning, with only one short stint of crying and I'm fairly certain at that point she was just tired of being in her car seat and was lonely.  The one thing she seems to have started lately is actually being afraid or maybe just not liking, being by herself.  She's woken up quite a few times during the night recently actually crying and really all she's needed or wanted is to be patted on the back or picked up for a minute or two and then she falls right back asleep.  It's really hard to be upset at getting up in the middle of the night because my baby wants me to hold her.  It's just one more step in her getting older and me getting sadder at the fact that she's getting older.  At some point I'm going to have to come to grips with her impending first birthday and start planning this shindig. 

But right now, I'm going to go check on my little girl, sleeping sweetly in her new jammies from Auntie Cassie, and remind myself once more, to enjoy the moment and not worry about the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment