Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 29

Even away from home I managed to simplify my life today.  I'm always wondering how I'm going to get through the large stack of magazines I have piled up.  In fact, one of the reasons I look forward to going to the gym is that while I'm doing stairs, I can get through usually one or two magazines.  I used to read almost all the articles, then I came to the realization that half the articles didn't apply to me so I stopped reading those and began to read through magazines in half the time.  One of the magazines I've subscribed to for a few years is Cooking Light.  Last week, when once again I realized the stack of these that I had piled up, I began thinking maybe I need to rethink the situation.  If I don't have time to read through the issues to get the recipes, and I sure as hell don't have time to cook the recipes that I find, why exactly am I paying for this to get delivered every month and then stressing myself out over when I'm going to have time to go through them? Well, I don't it turns out.  I can cancel the subscription, save money, paper and time.  Success! Well then after I cancelled that one I started thinking about my Real Simple subscription.  I used to love this magazine, but recently I've realized that the clothes they suggest are all too expensive, the rooms they use to show how to organize are 5 times bigger than any room in my house, I already eat healthier than the recipes they suggest, and every month they have a theme of books that people suggest, all of which I don't have time to read.  So on a whim, I cancelled that one too! I'm going to feel so good when I don't have new publications to have to read through and then make me crazy about all the things I'm not doing. 

Next on my list: to detox my body from all the crap I've consumed in past 2 weeks.  I have to say, I'm not one of those people who just chalks up bad eating to the holiday and uses it as an excuse.  I really don't.  Usually what happens is that we end up with so many leftovers that we end up eating those for days on end because it seems ridiculous to go out and buy more food when we have a whole full fridge.  It's not bad food that I'm eating, it's just bad for me food.  Once upon a time my diet consisted of boiled chicken, brown rice, broccoli, asparagus, and water.  I haven't been on that strict a diet since right before I got pregnant, but I've tried to incorporate as many of those habits into my regular daily diet as possible and as a result, I'm within 8 pounds of my pre-pregnancy, post figure show weight; without making it to the gym hardly ever.  But I want that to change too. 

So next week it's back to normal eating and I'm going to attempt my own workout regimen that involves Tera.  There are plenty of suggestions about this very idea on my various baby emails and I'm going to give it a try.  I can do squats, lunges, crunches, arm curls, etc, all with an adorable 18 lb weight.  I figure this can accomplish multiple things at one time (which I'm a huge fan of).  I can bond with my girl, get in a little workout, and hopefully feel a little less stress about both things.

So while I'm not one who's big on resolutions, we'll call these goals for the new year.  I'd also like to possibly change up the look of my blog, but that will involve the input and help of my very artistic and aesthetically inclined husband.  I'm not setting a deadline for that one (don't want to add more stress...)

And for all of you who weren't able to see our Christmas card, here it is..

No comments:

Post a Comment