Thursday, December 1, 2011

Here I go again...Day 1


So I’m adding a project to December.  I’m going to attempt to blog each day again in an attempt to not lose sight of what’s important during this month (and maybe to give me an excuse to not have to come up with witty titles for each post).
Last night Tera had her 9 month checkup and I’m still perplexed how 9 months of being pregnant can take so much longer than her actually being alive for 9 months.  How is that possible? So they weigh and measure her and she is 27.5 inches and 17.4 lbs.  This puts her in the 50th percentile for length and the 35th percentile for weight.  This is impressive because I’m pretty sure she’s never made it above the 12th percentile for weight.  What a little chunker…Anyway, we can start any soft foods now and Tom is pretty excited because the doctor is encouraging salmon and one of us, I won’t mention which one, hates salmon and pretty much wants to throw a fit every time she, I mean they, have to eat it because she, I mean they, believe as an adult you shouldn’t have to eat anything you don’t want to anymore, but I digress… We’ll see how fish goes with the little one. 


This has been a rough week what with coming off a three day week and I’m trying not to think about the fact that last week at this time I was home recovering from an amazing meal put on by Tom aka Super Chef.  Add on top of that three different appointments that all started at or after 5:30.  Makes for a LONG week .

Soooo, to redirect and remember why I’m doing this.  I’m really looking forward to finally being able to decorate our tree either tomorrow or Saturday.  I have some pretty exciting plans to sit down with some tea, or wine, on Friday night while Tom is playing hockey and make some serious headway on this stocking for Tera and continue my online Christmas shopping.  And I’m super excited that my sister is coming into town again and I get to see one of my fabulous uncles on Saturday.  I love seeing my family and they obviously just adore Tera so it makes it so much more fun when they get to play with her. 
Tera enjoying some serious play time with AC on Thanksgiving...

And as my husband keeps counting down for me, only 11 more work wakeups till break…

No comments:

Post a Comment