Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Diagnosis? Oh great, a virus...

I'm a little worn out and starting this a later than I usually do so I'm going to keep it brief.  My little munchkin is sick again.  As I said yesterday, it's a bit of a mixed emotion when she's sick because more than anything, I hate seeing her uncomfortable and knowing there's little I can do about it.  But there's that tiny little selfish part of me that loves that she wants to cuddle with me to feel better.  We watch movies and she plays in our bed and we stay in comfy clothes all day.  But at the end of it all, I just hate that she's sick.  I also know that I sound like every other decent parent out there so I won't drag on about how it sucks when your kid doesn't feel well. 

I did take her to the doctor to see if they could at least identify the cause of the fever, lethargy, and lack of appetite and it's the ever popular, nothing you can do about it, virus.  The worst part was that he wanted to eliminate a urinary tract infection because we've had some concern about that lately and the only way to get the sample was a catheter.  This was not comfortable for her and no fun for me.  I highly suggest that if you find yourself in this situation as a parent and your kid (most likely daughter) is not yet capable of peeing in a cup, you become very adept at taping a sample bag inside their diaper.  If it has to happen again, I may go so far as to practice on a doll just to get it right. 

And then there's the other exciting part of my life: the strike.  Well, it's over so not so exciting anymore, but I'm ok with less excitement.  Our union and board came to an agreement early this morning and the union ratified the contract this afternoon.  The board still has to approve it but as of tomorrow, the students and staff of ZBTHS are back to work! Well, most everyone.  I'll be home with my sick kid.
Had to recycle a picture because Blogger isn't letting me upload right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment