Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My daughter, the booger

One more example of how Tera may just be a thousand times smarter than we thought.  We've been trying to get her to feed herself.  Anything really, but mostly these little puff things that she likes that are easy for her to pick up.  Typically, as soon as we put her in her high chair, she grabs two fistfuls of these things and then just holds them in hands while she eats.  Usually by the time she's done eating, most of what she's picked up is on the floor or on her seat on either side of her.  I knew she could pick up other things and get them in her mouth, but she seemed not to be able to put actual food in there.  This morning I happened it mention it to her teacher and she said that she's seen Tera put the puffs in her own mouth. She said it doesn't happen every time, but that she can usually get a couple in there.  Then I went to pick her up from school and her afternoon teacher said the same thing.  So I get her home, she has physical therapy, and we put her in her high chair for some dinner before we went out to meet friends.  While sitting in there she sure enough puts a puff right in her mouth.  Followed by another one, and another one, and another one! She just kept putting them in there with decent accuracy.  So apparently she just wanted to wait until she got busted doing it at school before we could get her to do it at home.  My thinking is she figured I had found out her little game and knew she had been caught so she might as well start doing it at home also.  What a booger...

She's also been able to stay up later these past couple weeks which is kind of nice because I actually get to spend some time with her before we're rushing her to bed.  However, Tom and I are exhausted by the time she actually goes to bed.  I'm not sure how much longer I can stay awake just sitting here writing this.  Last night I was pretty proud of the fact that I actually went up to bed early instead of forcing myself to write my post.  But when I decided to do this I promised Tom and myself I wouldn't let it become another source of stress so I'm sticking to that.  The minute it becomes a chore is when I need to stop because then I've lost focus on why I do this.  Anyway, I'm going to bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment