Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's almost party time...

Only two more days of work this week...I'm really excited for this weekend because both my out-of-town sisters will be back in town and it's Tera's first birthday party! It really is very difficult for me to understand how an entire year has already passed.  A few weeks ago while talking with my brother-in-law, he said to think about all the things we didn't know a year ago right now, and it's so true.  I mean you can say that about a lot of years, but this one has been pretty rough for our family and we had no idea what was in store for us at this time last year. 

I think that's one of the reasons I'm excited for this weekend. It will be a chance for us to visit with our family and friends and everyone will get to see each other.  Now that so many of us have kids and always seem to be super busy, it's been more difficult to hang out and I miss everyone.  We all knew it would be more difficult to see each other once our lives got more complicated, but it doesn't make it any easier when it seems we're always just "catching up".   The nice part is that we still have reasons to get together, it's just that the reasons are a little different than they were ten years ago.  Where we once were just looking for a reason to go out and might spend an hour debating where exactly to go, we now plan weeks in advance to clear schedules and plan around work and family commitments and nap times. 

Fortunately Tera seems to be on the mend, now we just need to keep her healthy.  About two weeks ago I mentioned to a friend at work that with Tera having a sinus infection at that point, it hopefully eliminated anything else that she'd get sick from before her birthday party.  Apparently I should never utter that sentiment again as she clearly proved my theory wrong. 

I will probably not be posting in the next few days due to the chaos that will be ensuing at our house, but if something suddenly inspires me, I'll be sure to share.  In the meantime, wish me luck with our full house on Saturday and for those of you coming, see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment