Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just one more day

Just one more day.  One more day of chaos, grading, stress, and frustration.  It's just been that kind of week and I was only there for four days.  But maybe it's because I was only there for four days that I've been so behind all week. 

What I'm really looking forward to is this weekend.  Tomorrow I get my nails done with my wonderful friend Heather and then it's my solo Chick Flick Friday while Tom plays hockey.  I'm actually not one who needs girlie movies, but there are several that I enjoy and that is the ideal time to watch them.  That or reruns of Bones until I fall asleep.  Saturday morning we have an early therapy session, some errands, and then...The Gigi's Playhouse Gala!! I'm so excited for this.  When we first found out about the event, Tom and I weren't sure if we were going to go, but we changed the date of her birthday party to last weekend just in case.  Once we decided to go, I started to get very excited.  We're going with some very good friends (and family), we get to get dressed up, and while I know parts of it may be emotional, I'm really looking forward to it.  It's a fabulous cause and Tom and I could use a night out after the past few weeks. 

Then Sunday is Tera's birthday.  I'm working my way through this and so far I'm doing ok.  Mostly I just keep thinking about what I was doing on each of these days last year.  It's so weird to think back and realize I had no idea she would be coming so soon and what all would be coming.  As of right now, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and maybe my grandma and my sister may be coming over to spend some time with the birthday girl.  I really want the day to be special for us because I feel like last year we lost out on some of that excitement and joy.  I don't have any real ideas in mind, just enjoying the day as a family and with our family. 

I think we're going to try and have her take another swing at her cake now that she's more herself so maybe this time we can get some video.  I'm just really looking forward to enjoying how far my baby has come since that day one year ago when I was mostly full of fear and hurt and knowing how far the three of us have come since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment