Thursday, February 2, 2012

A little on the sappy side...

My head is all over the place right now.  I have about a million things flying through it, not necessarily bad, but all over.  I have been so exhausted this week and come to find out today that because Tera is sick again, I'm staying home with her tomorrow.  Is it bad that I'm not upset I have to stay home? I certainly don't want her to be sick.  The poor kid is both congested and has a nose that rivals Niagra Falls at times and now has itchy, watery eyes because she managed to transfer the bacteria from her sinuses, into her eyes.  She's quite talented my daughter is.  So no I don't want her to be sick.  But despite the fact that my kids at school really have been pretty good this week, I'm just exhausted and my tension headaches have made a triumphant return after a rather long hiatus.  I have things I need to get done at home, I have things I need to get done at work, and now I'll be home, but I have grading to attempt to get done.  And the conflict continues...

And my workouts this week have been, well, they haven't been at all.  It was another one of those weeks where life got in the way of my workouts but this week I have to be honest, I didn't mind all that much.  I know that working out can make you feel better during these times, but when you're so tired you can't stay awake, forcing yourself to the gym in an already busy week is damn near impossible. 

So I sit here regretting my lack of workouts, thinking about my sick kid, and my fabulous husband sits across from me trying once again to convince me to write about how cute he is.  Yes that's right, whenever I'm trying to decide what to write, and even when I know what I want to write about, Tom's first suggestion is share with the world how adorable he is.  I have to say, he is pretty cute.  This is may be the point where you want to stop reading if you're feeling nauseous already.  But he's been very supportive of my endeavor and so I feel I should honor his wishes.  My husband has this child-like quality that, while at times can be trying, also is one of the things that keeps me sane.  He has a face for every occasion and after 20 years, he still makes me laugh like no one else can.  He truly is a cutie and it's not hard to figure out how my daughter ended up with a face of absolute sweetness. 

So if you've stayed with me, I appreciate it.  I'll try to save any other ridiculously sappy, over the top posts for a much later date. 


No comments:

Post a Comment