Monday, February 13, 2012

Sleepy girl...

I just want to start by saying thank you to everyone who reached out to me via either post, email, or text to offer me your support.  I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am to have so many special people in my life and it is all of you that help me through times like last night. 

Today was okay.  Tera slept well last night but we decided last night that Tom would stay home with her today and take her to the doctor for her cough.  Fortunately we did because it turns out her sinus infection from 2 weeks ago never really cleared up and is now causing her nasty sounding cough.  So we're on to round 2 of antibiotics and hopefully, they'll kick in quickly.  In the meantime, she's slept almost all day which kind of concerns us for tonight.  She literally slept almost 6 hours straight today and then by the time I got home, barely woke up long enough to drink a bottle, and then spent the next 2 hours dozing off and on, seemingly barely able to stay awake.  We were able to get her medicine and some Motrin in her (because of course her fever is back also) and ended up just putting her to bed at 6:30 because it seemed silly, and futile, to try and keep her awake. 

It's difficult to watch her so uncomfortable and so very apparently sick.  Though she's been sick several times in the past year, she doesn't always appear to be sick and generally acts pretty much the same no matter how she's feeling.  This is one of the reasons it concerns me so much to see her so very much not herself. 

On a more positive note, some of her one year pictures have been posted and I'm so incredibly in love with how they turned out.  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful friend, someone I'm so very close to, be able to capture Tera in such a beautiful way.  She has always managed to find Tera's best features (mostly her eyes) and highlight them so well.  I look at the pictures and I find myself tearing up (I know, shocking) at her expressions and realizing how much of a personality she's already developed.  I especially love the recreation of some of her newborn pictures because it reminds me how far I've come as a mom and how far we've come as parents and a family.  When those first pictures were taken, I didn't know what lay ahead and now I can say that we're doing it; not without some tears and stress, but we're doing it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment