Monday, March 26, 2012

Ahh, vacation

I've been off the grid for a few days enjoying the beginning of my spring break.  We had a very busy weekend, in an amazing way because it was all spent with friends and family, but as a result we weren't home enough for me to really even take out my computer, much less write.  And I'm ok with that.  When I started this blog, Tom made me promise it wasn't going to be something that would add more stress to my life. 

Today was my first official day of spring break. I dropped Tera off at daycare and then spent the morning shampooing the basement carpet, washing the upstairs floors, and folding laundry.  I did take  a break and get a manicure, then came home and did more laundry and worked on setting up our page for the Gigi walk in June.  It may not sound like an exciting day of vacation, but the fact that I had all day to get stuff done, made my weekend incredibly relaxing.  Usually when our weekends are as busy as this one was, it's a little more stressful because I'm still racing to get my regular stuff done.  This time I was able to enjoy all my visiting time and, following one of my previous posts, I started reading a book on my phone while we were travelling to and from houses. 

Tonight we tried to spend some time working with Tera on some of her current goals.  As we sat down and tried to do this, we realized we didn't remember many of the things that came up during her review meeting last week.  This is one of the challenging parts of her therapies.  At times, there are so many things to be working on, we kind of forget where to even start.  We worked on a few things for a little while and then she just seemed tired so we decided to just let her play.  It's such a fine line for us sometimes between just letting her play and doing her own thing, which she does well, and trying to structure her play so that it incorporates at least one or two strategies.  Then there are times when to be honest, we're just too tired to try and remember anything and we just let her play.  This would be fine if it didn't typically end up being more than one night or two nights in a row and before we know it it's been a week and we haven't done anything and then we feel bad.  Throw into that mess that there is usually at least one week a month when she's sick and doesn't want to work on anything.

On the plus side, we have fabulous therapists that always remind us she's a baby first and that when those weeks happen, it's not a big deal. 

All right, this little blogger is tired.  Off to bed to rest up before day two of vacation.  This one should be a little more relaxing. 

As we get closer to Easter I thought I'd throw one in from last year

No comments:

Post a Comment