Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reflecting

I haven't been overly thrilled by the quality of my posts these fast few weeks.  Many nights I have what I think is a good idea, but then I literally don't have the brain power to form coherent sentences and well thought out paragraphs.  I feel like my thoughts are all over and that when I think of something during the day, by the time I'm ready to get it out, I forget half of what I wanted to say.  I really think I might NEED Siri on the iPhone (I only have the 4) because relaying my thoughts out loud and having them transcribed electronically might be the only way I can keep track of anything. 

I'm working on new methods of keeping track of my ideas though.  I've been swamped at work this week, but I keep coming across posts on Facebook or articles shared by other people that make me think about something I want to write about.  But then within ten minutes, I can't even remember where I saw it.  I've started trying to store articles on my phone and today I actually took a picture of my computer screen with my phone so I could remember where I saw something.  My new goal is to try and make sure I write when I know I can actually put together something that I can be proud of.  That may mean I miss a few days here and there in the next two weeks while my school year is finishing up.  I know this is supposed to be a personal mission, but I've been told my so many people how much they love reading what I have write that I want to make sure nobody is sitting there reading one of my posts and wondering what the hell I'm doing.

I have to say, since I started on this blogging adventure, I've become so much more aware of how other people use their blogs and how impressed I am with some of the ones I've come across.  And to be perfectly honest, there are many that I read and wonder why I can't write the way they do.  There is a little jealousy on my part, I won't lie.  Then I have to remind myself of a few things the first of which is, I'm not a professional writer.  I have no training and it bothers me when people claim they can do my job just as well as I can without the training and practice I've had, so I shouldn't claim that I can do the same thing as someone else who has been trained in their profession.  Second, I do this for me.  It's a hobby and therapeutic and I enjoy it.  I'm not making money and I have no aspirations to take this thing national; fame has no appeal to me.  Third, I don't have time.  I work full time and I have a kid that while very easy-going, is fairly high-maintenance.  I don't sleep well as it is so I try to enjoy the little sleep that I do get, and at night I want to spend my time with my family, not tied to my computer by obligation. 



I have a few ideas that I'm looking forward to writing about in the next few days and hopefully I can put into action some of my plans to get back to making this the way I want it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment