Thursday, August 16, 2012

One week left...

I've been off the blogging grid for almost a week now and it hasn't been because I wanted to be, just that crazy thing called life.  I keep thinking I should have more time during the summer since that pesky work thing isn't in my way, but strangely enough it hasn't quite worked out that way.  You see my main goal in the summer is to make sure that our weekends as a family are more enjoyable and less task oriented.  So during the weeks I try and get as many of those "tasks" done as possible.  It still seems as though I should be able to get more done, but no matter how many times I analyze the situation, there's just usually not enough time in the day.  Right now I'm in crunch mode trying to get any of those last minute things done before I go back to work in a week and every time I think I've got all I need to do written down on my ever popular lists, something else occurs to me.

I've been trying to get all of Tera's therapies scheduled for the first month I'm back and now that I'm able to share the news, Tom has a new job (still at AT&T but a new position) so we're unsure how that will affect his availability at home.  Add to that that I finally had to come to grips with the fact that my beautiful daughter has destroyed my back and I can no longer put off seeing a chiropractor which I finally did today.  The good news is I feel much better, the bad news is that if that I want to keep feeling better I have to go in twice a week for three weeks and then regularly after that. Oh yeah, and that whole working out thing.  Tom and I have been really good this week and both of us are so conscious of how much better we're feeling.  It's always hard to gather up the energy to do it and not do one of the other million things we could be doing instead, but it's helping.  He has terrible hip problems but his leg workouts are really helping him move better and he has far less pain and discomfort.  And I finally just decided to try a new program so as of this week I've completed four days of Turbo Fire.  I have to be completely honest, this is not the type of workout I generally enjoy because there is so much coordination involved in it; of which I have very little (there's a reason I always chose lifting).  There has definitely been a period of time during each workout this week when I have gotten incredibly frustrated and wanted to stop because I couldn't keep up (not physically, but more directionally), but with some pauses, I finished each one.  Even the two days when I had to finish with Tera hanging onto my legs I did finish. I don't really ever feel confident while I'm doing the workouts, but I've felt really good afterwards.  Again, the really hard part will be trying to fit all of this in after 3:30 each day.

So in this last week I will enjoy the beautifully cooler weather we're supposed to have and my last few full days with my favorite little person.  As difficult as some of my days have been with her (yesterday being one of them), I'm going to miss my one-on-one time with her and her daily changes, both good and bad.  I'm going to miss our morning time when she actually sometimes sits with me and she plays a game or watches her Sesame Street videos on my phone and has her milk.  I'll miss her falling asleep in my arms while rocking her before nap time and just studying her, holding her hands and her feet, and being amazed at how small she still is and yet revelling in how much she's grown.  I will miss having the time with her on the floor when she hands me a book, signs please, and then crawls into my lap so I can read it to her (our new favorite trick of hers by the way).  I know I will still have these times on the weekends, but it still makes it hard to go back.

And I suppose this means I should really get started on finishing that Christmas stocking of hers...
From the beginning of the summer, still the only time we've used the pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment