Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 26

Another short post:

Today Tera stayed home sick and after a week of on and off fevers, throwing up last weekend, three "off" days at school, general crankiness, and regularly signing "sleep" starting at 6pm most nights for the past two weeks, I finally had to take her to the doctor to find out nothing.  He was as baffled as I was by the symptoms and after ruling out anything respiratory, an ear infection, and a UTI, the only thing we can do is treat her symptoms and keep an eye on her.  

This frustration is about being a parent of any child, not just a special needs child and it shows how our children are children first and special needs after.  It's incredibly difficult to know that your child is uncomfortable and not feeling well and not knowing what to do about it.  To worry that it's something more sinister than just teething but having to wait it out to see if it gets worse or better.  

I'm not worried right now so much as heartbroken that my baby is not feeling well and I can only do so much to help her.  I want my happy, mischievous, energetic girl back.


No comments:

Post a Comment