Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29

So I realized after all the chaos of my broken family this weekend that I never did Tera's 20 month update (not that I haven't shared most of it in the past month anyway), but it's not going to happen tonight so I'll try and do it in the next day or two.

Tonight's post is from another one of Tera's doting aunts.  And again I repeat that she will never lack for love or attention from her family.


How has Tera's diagnosis changed you or your way of thinking?
It has reaffirmed my belief that love is the most wonderful thing in the world and love will get you through anything.  Also I think of other people's feelings and situations much more.  I got so mad at you guys the first day in the hospital when the nurse came in and talked about the "heart issue and test" and you didn't react or tell us anything.  I went in the car and cursed you out.  I had no idea what you guys were going through.

What are you most proud of her so far for?
Her determination in everything she does.

What were your initial thoughts/fears/worries, etc when she was born and you found out she had DS?
I sobbed because I compared her to every other special needs child as a teacher I have encountered.  I thought that all I would see in her was Down Syndrome.  Two days later when I held her again all I saw was a little baby that I loved.  That's all I still see. I now also see special education children differently at work because I  see their families at home who love them just like we love Tera.

Do you think she has changed our family and if so, how?
She has brought everyone closer together. She makes everyone so happy!

What are you most looking forward to in the future?
Watching her learn and discover new things and hopefully spend a lot of time with her.  I want her to visit us and just be nothing but happy.  Also we are going to visit the kitties at Save-A-Pet together, watch WWE and a lot of football while eating salamis and deviled eggs and go to Door County as a family.  I don't even care if we are drinking IPA's when she is old enough.:)

Anything else you'd like to include that you want to share.
I love Tera.

No comments:

Post a Comment