Sunday, September 22, 2013

Tera- My perfection

I'm feeling sentimental tonight so forgive me when I say that in our daughter, we have created perfection.  If you're not so inclined to indulge in my mushiness you might want to skip tonight's post.  But if you would like to share in the absolute love I feel for my child then by all means, continue reading.  I will admit that today is one of those days when I'm finding it more difficult than usual to face a Monday without my Stink.

I was able to spend Saturday morning with Tera at her swim lesson.  It wasn't her first one ever, but it was her first one since about four months old.  It was 40 minutes of Tera/Mama time and I loved it.  We played outside when we got home, I put her down for her nap, and when she woke up we spent the rest of the day and evening as a family.

This morning Tom let me sleep in while he got up with Tera and when I got up I made Tera pancakes.  I love being able to make her breakfast on the weekend.  I guess in the words of my husband, it makes me feel "motherly".  Tonight's dinner was a crockpot soup recipe so we had Tera "help" us make dinner.  Tom cut up all the vegetables and I moved the crockpot bowl to her little table so she could help us.  She helped me put in the broth, all the cans of tomatoes, and then the onions and peppers.  It's one of those things that I hope she'll remember as she gets older and that I hope helps develop the love of cooking that her dad has.

I had some work to do today so when my mom came over to spend some time with Tera, it worked out well.  Since Tera has had some separation issues lately it worked out that I could be in the same room as they were, but that my mom could play with her while I worked.  It ended up being a great afternoon for both of them.  Tera was able to spend some quality time with her Nani and Nani got some very quality time with her first granddaughter.

We had our soup for dinner and then after dinner we took Tera outside to swing and play on her slide.   I love the pictures I'm able to get outside of Tera because they just turn out so much better.  I also love being able to see her outside because she just loves being there. I was able to do some much needed lawn work yesterday and I absolutely love the way our yard looks when it's just been taken care of.  So I didn't mind being outside with her in the perfectly cool fall air in our beautiful backyard just being a family.

I've never tried to hide the fact that Sundays are difficult for me so when I get to spend some time doing something that makes me so happy it makes it all that much better.  The flip side to that is that it can make the fact that I have to go back to work on Monday that much more difficult.  The last few hours today made it hard to face the fact that tomorrow we'll all go our separate ways.  There is no part of this weekend that I regret except that it's almost over.  I was able to get some really great pictures of my beautiful daughter, I got to go shopping yesterday, I got some stuff done around the house, I got to see my mom, and we didn't have to leave the house today.  It was a beautiful fall day that made me fall in love with our home once again.  I was reminded once again how incredibly lucky I am.

Here are some things about Tera that make it so incredibly easy to love her: she loves life, her smile is contagious (even when she's doing something she shouldn't be), she loves people and will wave to them and smile at them until it's reciprocated, she's determined beyond all belief, she's brave, she can change your whole outlook on life, and she's the most beautiful human being I've ever seen.

Tomorrow I will miss Tera and Tom so much.  Our time as a family just makes me want more.  But I know that we both have jobs and Tera will have quality time with her grandparents.  As hard as it will be to leave her tomorrow, it also gives me something to look forward to next weekend.   Coming soon will be my fall bucket list for this year.  Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment