Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 29 of Down Syndrome Awareness Month!

Tera has no shortage of aunts who are wanting and willing to shower her with attention and kisses. Tonight I'd like to share my sister Lindsay's thoughts on Tera.

What has Tera taught me.... Well that is a very long list.  She has taught me how to love unconditionally, how one little smile can make me and everyone else I show her picture to smile (no matter how bad of a day they are having), that I thought I had strength when Tera, Melissa and Tom have more strength than they give themselves credit for, how amazing it is to be her aunt, how a little girl who has only been on this planet for a little over 2 1/2 years can change an entire family and soooo many people that she has never met.  I have also learned I have an amazing family and extended family (we are going to go with extended).  I love being able to FaceTime with her and see her new signs, animal noises and now words!  She works so hard and I am so proud of her and even though I don't get to see her as often as I would like I love getting my kisses over the phone.  



No comments:

Post a Comment