Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 4 of Down Syndrome Awareness Month! (A little late)

Weekends are always a little hard for me to get posts in, that's why this one is a little late. This isn't going to be long. 

One of the things I've had to try and be better at is asking other people for help with Tera. We have no shortage of people who want to spend time with her, I just have to ask. So last night she spent the night at my moms while we had some friends over for dinner.   Tera and my mom had a great time and we had a nice relaxing evening and morning. Every parent needs a break sometimes and with all the other complications that come with Tera, we need them a little more often. 

It's not something I'm good at initiating (Tom has no problem asking) but I'm trying to be better at it for my own mental health and the health of our marriage. And it's important that Tera is able to spend time with the rest of the family. 

Now she's home and I spent a good ten minutes just looking at her. Her face just amazes me. But I think it's good to give myself a chance to miss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment