Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 9 of Down Syndrome Awareness Month!

I'm tired tonight and not feeling particularly creative.  This is more as the result of being a working parent than being the working parent of a child with special needs.  Many times our lives really are more like any other parents'.  We make the daily decisions about what she should eat and drink, fight with her about brushing her teeth, worry about her future, love her, kiss her, and act completely ridiculous with her.

If there's one thing I've learned about being the parent of a child with special needs it's to try and forget that they have special needs sometimes.  In the end we just want for her what most parents want for their kids and that's for her to be happy, responsible, caring, and loved.

That's it for me tonight, I need to be able to get some sleep.  My beautiful special girl woke up three times last night.  And that has nothing to do with her chromosomes.  I don't think...











No comments:

Post a Comment